Soul-Patrol Digital Virtual Album 1.0 for $7.50: Order The Album Today, It Makes a Great Holiday Gift
Welcome to the homepage of the Soul-Patrol.com Virtual/Digital Album 1.0. Please be sure to bookmark this page, because it's going to change quite often. That's because the Soul-Patrol.com Virtual/Digital Album 1.0 is a unique and dynamic item,. It is a unique online album project that is designed to once again make high quality, original black music at a cheap price the norm rather than the exception.
- What Is The Soul-Patrol.com Virtual/Digital Album 1.0.
- CONTAINS 50 BRAND NEW SONGS, NO COVERS, NO OLDIES
- It's an idea conceived of by the artists of Soul-Patrol.com
- Includes Rock n' Roll Hall of Famers, Black Music Legends, Top Indy Artists & More
- Brand new music from artists like Rock n Roll Hall of Famers like the Mighty Dells & the Coasters, Legendary Funkateers like Mandrill, Mike Calhoun of the Dazz Band and Waldo Weathers of James Brown’s Soul Generals, Rock n’ Roll pioneers like Lester Chambers (Chambers Brothers), Jazz greats like Chico Hamilton & Chip Shelton, Emerging Nu Soul superstars like Marlon Saunders & Stephanie McKay, Jam Band stars like JD Blair & Joseph Wooten of the Wooten Brothers Band, Southern Soul superstar Toni Green, great Classic Soul artists like Cliff Perkins/Soul Generation, Angel Rissoff, Rap/Spoken word artists like Public Enemy, One Sun Lion Ra and more
- It was created based on the input of the Soul-Patrol.com Community (from the album cover to the songs themselves)
- It will only be available for a limited amount of time (90 days) and then it will disappear forever
- All of the proceeds from the sale of the album will be used to pay for the next Soul-Patrol Convention.
- It uses new technology (digital distribution/DRM free mp3) to implement an old concept (the compilation album)
- It's success is totally dependent on the outdated concept that real music fans want LOTS of great music, from great artists, at an affordable price (40 cents/track), minus the hype
- It offers a value proposition that is unheard of in the music business
- You are going to be able to buy the equivalent of a traditional "Box Set" of great music, for around the same priceslightly more that you would currently pay for a single CD
- You are going get a great set of documentation with the album (another outdated concept called "liner notes")
- Delivery via download, within a few hours of your order
- The songs contained on the Soul-Patrol.com Virtual/Digital Album 1.0 isn't available ANY PLACE ELSE, except for Soul-Patrol.com!!!
If you have any questions, if you have any problems using this site, or if you are an album reviewer/radio station interested in the album please contact me via email
- The Soul-Patrol.com Virtual/Digital Album 1.0 & The Artists
This spectacular design (Clockwise from the 1/4 hour position: Angel Rissoff , Stephanie McKay, Mandrill, Chico Hamilton, Lester Chambers, Public Enemy, Coasters, Dells, Nadir, Marlon Saunders, Toni Green and Bob Davis) was submitted by longtime Soul-Patroller Johnnie Gee, who ironicly enough is himself a Classic Soul artist, with the group "Step By Step" back in the 1970's on the Brunswick label. Today Johnnie Gee still performs and records, but he also runs several different internet based music distribution, publishing, marketing and graphics/website design companies (ex: he produces some spectacular MySpace pages). Obviously as this album cover is spread far and wide Johnnie is going to be a very busy man, hopefully he will remember us here at Soul-Patrol.com :-) Find out more about Johnnie Gee at his official website and if you need any work done of this type, don't hesitate to ask him.
--Soul-Patrol owner Bob Davis says; "Black music styles and as a result it's fans have become marginalized…"
"Because we as Black artists and fans continue to allow our music and culture to be split like an ameboa over and over again, until it has become worthless and in some cases harmful. In order for Black music/culture to regain it's former value all of the ameboas that it has been split into need to once again be brought back together. By bringing together the very best of independently produced Soul, Jazz, Blues, Funk, Rock n' Roll, and Rap; we have done exactly that on the Soul-Patrol Digital/Virtual Album 1.0. We have assembled the kind of "dream team" of artists that in the past would have taken the combined genius of Ahemet Ertegun, Berry Gordy, Al Bell, Gamble/Huff and Russell Simmons sitting at the table together. In today's world, because of digital technology the artists themselves are able to put the "dream team" together and deliver large volumes of high quality Black music directly to music fans at an affordable price."
--Rock n' Roll Hall of Famers, the Dells say; "Independent artist and labels, were always the heart and soul of the music industry…"
"Simply because: The labels had to have young creative artist to keep their doors opened. Once these artist reached a certain level of popularity, then the "Big Boys" took over with their massive distribution, although they still couldn't create great music. Now we have to start over, because while the industry was spoon-feeding us all this Bullshit, we've lost song writers, arrangers, musicians and producers. The recording industry is in deep trouble, because they aren't recording anything that you really want to buy…"
--Funk Music pioneers Mandrill say; "Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of Black Music..."
We have the power in our own hands to help to support so many talented musicians and to preserve a unique and original genre of music for our children and their children. Please spread the word about the Soul-Patrol Virtual/Digital Album and Enjoy! --Lou, Ric, Carlos & Wolf, (The Wilson Brothers) of MANDRILL
--Nu Soul/Jazz superstar Marlon Saunders says; "A recording that is full of such great music…"
It is such an honor to be part of a project with so many wonderful artists who have touched so many lives and helped us all groove through good and bad times. Bob Davis is a powerful force in the soul community and we as artists and Black folk owe him a world of thanks for is insight and help in keeping the music of our people alive. A recording that is full of such great music and the foresight to have it's finger ahead of the pulse is one of the things that makes Soul Patrol and Bob Davis a powerful force in an industry that seems to be lost as to what the music listeners really want. Thank you Soul Patrol and Bob Davis for allowing me to be a part of this project!
--Rock n' Roll pioneer Garland Jeffreys says; "I'm joining Soul Patrol in it's plan to lift up the music…"
Black music; Blues, in all it different styles and forms, Jazz, Soul, Funk, and R 'n' B, are the parents of the music that comes after it. I have to say I'm none too happy with the quality of the current "aftermusic." I'm always looking to be surprised by something new... a bullseye, something right on target. Let Soul-Patrol's Digital/Virtual Album 1.0. release begin to be one of the a forces for change.
--Legendary Philadelphia music promoter & venue operator Warren Haskins says; "Check out Brother Bob's great music deal…."
I took advantage of this great offer and pre-ordered to purchase all these songs on one cd. Man, the music is kicking, fresh and quite soulful. I love it because it helps to reaffirm creativity is always present in our culture and it continues...Get your copy now and consider ordering multiples for Holiday Gifts. Keep up the great work of compiling great music Bob Davis.
--Rock n' Roll pioneer Lester Chambers says; "Soul-Patrol.com stands for honesty and truth…"
This type of distribution has been a long time coming. Artists and fans have been waiting many years to once again hear real music being made available to the masses.
--Stax Museum of American Soul CEO Deanie Parker says; "Thanks for doing what radio won't and the majors don't…"
You are bold to mix-up the music made by great legends with songs recorded by some relatively new kids. I think this is an 'insidious' move to introduce 'old school' fans (like me) to other music genres like RAP in the privacy of our own space. Well, I suppose that's ok because for some of us, there's yet another bonus. It's called learning how to navigate expertly through a digital maze. Sigh. Thanks for doing what radio won't and the majors don't.
--Emerging Nu Soul Artist Stephanie McKay says; "I Learned how the internet can be used to benefit us…"
Yes I am very excited!..... learning a lot by observing the whole process and how the internet can be used to benefit us as a whole and help each other gain momentum. This has been a great example. I feel honored to be a part of it. Thank you for upholding the standards of the democratic process. Excited to keep the ball rolling for other artists to have the chance to experience being part of this independent and creative soul community. Power to the people! ! :)
--Boogie Report (Southern Soul Music Bible) says; "Well Virginia at SOUL PATROL the future is now…"
"Bob Davis and crew have assembled an amazing collection of some of the most entertaining music on the planet and making the collection avaialable via download on The Soul Patrol Virtual CD"
- Why Should I buy An Album That Doesn't Come on a CD, Like I am Used To:
- You want to own great new music that simply isn't available anyplace else
- You are "frugal" and would much rather pay 25-40 cents/song rather than $1.00/song at the iTunes Music Store, for new music
- If we made the album available on CD it would have to be a box set and would cost about $60.00, instead of $20.00
- If you really want it on a CD, just burn the tracks to a CD, print out the album cover and print out the liner notes. All of the tracks will fit on a single disc. You can play them in any CD player that plays mp3's (most CD players now play mp3's)
- "Or you can listen to them on your computer or on your mp3 player (ex:iPod)
- Buy it and give it to a a younger person so that they han have some BRAND NEW great black music for their mp3 players
- You belive that the future of Black music should be as great as it's past
- You want to strike a blow against the tyanny of multinational corporations
- Because it would be a really cool/hip thing to do :-)
- Order The Album Today, discounted for the holidays (buy several as gifts:
Memphis 11/17: SP Virtual Album/Stax Museum Listening Party
The next Soul-Patrol Digital Virtual Album 1.0 Release Party will be hosted in Memphis @ the Stax Museum (Hosted by the Climates & Toni Green + Special Guests).
As you all know the association between the Stax Museum and Soul-Patrol.com has been a long one. So it's quite natural for the museum, which is devoted to the codification and institutionalization of our music to become proactive in supporting what is for all practical purposes "the album of the future."
If you are going to be in the Memphis area this weekend, stop on by and say hello. Not only will you be able to listen to the complete Soul-Patrol Digital Virtual Album 1.0 being broadcasted throught the STAX Museum of American Soul all day long, you will be able to meet & greet Climates & Toni Green (two of the artists who appear on the album) + other special guests and you will also be able to walk away with a FREE copy of the album.
SP Virtual Album/WRCT-FM (90.3) 11/18 7a-11a est: SP Chat Room Online Listening Party (www.soul-patrol.com/chat) Online Listening Party, Discounted Price
Since Soul-Patrol.com pioneered the concept of the "online listening party" (streaming a radio broadcast directly into a chat room so that all chat room participants could listen and comment at the same time), back in the 1990's, some folks have wondered why we haven't used this technology with the Soul-Patrol Digital/Virtual Album 1.0. Well quite franky we wanted to wait till some broadcasting entity would step up to the plate and want to do it in partnership with us. WRCT-FM (88.3) in Pittsburgh has done that and will broadcast the album in its entirity (bout 4 hours), this sunday morning from 7am - 11am est, as a part of Kevin Amos "One To One" radio show. As a special to all who join us in the Soul-Patrol.com chat room during the broadcast, you will be able to purchase the album for just $7.50! So if you have been curious about this revolutionary new product but want to find out more, this is your chance to not only learn more about it, but also to pick up the album at a discounted price. So come out and join us in the Soul-Patrol.com chat room this Sunday, take a listen and cop the album at a discount. ALL ARE WELCOME... http://www.soul-patrol.com/chat
Soul-Patrol Digital Virtual Album 1.0: Philadelphia
Listening/Release Party :
I will be in the house for this event, so come on out and say hello,
talk some music, and get a FREE copy of the album. Here are the details
from Soul-Patrol's Pholadelphia Coordinador, David Brooks: There will be
a Album Listening party for the "Soul-Patrol Digital/Virtual Album 1.0"
at Sound of Market, located at 11th & Ludlow Streets (just below Market
Street) in downtown Philadelphia PA on Saturday, November 3rd...the
event will be from 1pm to 4pm. This CD features new and unheard music by
such music legends The Dells, Mandrill, Mike Calhoun (Dazz Band) Ron
Moton (ConFunkShun) The Coasters, and many more. Anyone bringing a blank
CD-R (computer/data CD-R, ***NOT A MUSIC CD-R****) or laptop will
receive the music set for FREE....it will be downloaded to your device.
One of the artists on the album will be in the house, One Lion Sun
So please join me, David Brooks (Soul-Patrol Coordinator for
Philadelphia) on Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 at Sound of Market at 11th
& Ludlow Streets (just south of Market Street) in Center City
Please feel free to contact me at 215-603-7710, or at
Soul-Patrol Digital Virtual Album 1.0: Cleveland Listening/Release
Here are the details from Soul-Patrol's Cleveland Coordinador, Iris
Smith: If you are in the Cleveland Ohio area, come on out to our
Soul-Patrol Digital Virtual Album 1.0 Cleveland Album Release/Listening
Party. Saturday, October 27, 2007. "Mimi's Hair Heaven and Spa" Please
join me, Iris Smith, Soul-Patrol Coordinator for Cleveland, and
Northeast Ohio, Saturday, October 27, 2007, 3:30p.m.-4:30 p.m. 2231
South Taylor, Cleveland, Hgts 44118 As I present the new "Soul-Patrol
Virtual Album" played in it's entirety. Bring 5 blank Cds, your Ipods,
or Laptop computers for your free copy of this incredible set of cds,
with music by not only "Mike" but such legends as The Dells, Mandrill,
The Coasters, Public Enemy, Canton, Ohio's own Me'Na and many more!
Please feel free to contact me at 216-798-1155, or at
If you come on out to the Release Party
in Cleveland or any of the others we are holding across the country, you
will get a FREE copy of the album, if you bring a BLANK CD or a LAPTOP
with you to the event. We will give you the album right on the
3. Soul-Patrol Digital Virtual Album 1.0: Los Angeles Release Party :
If you are in the Southern California area, come on out to our Soul-Patrol Digital Virtual Album 1.0 Los Angeles Album Release Party. Three of the artists who appear on the album (Mandrill, Lester Chambers and Rio) will be on hand to host the listening party (I'm also told that there will be some surprise performances). If you come on out to the Release Party in Los Angeles or any of the others we are holding across the country, you will get a FREE copy of the album, if you bring a BLANK CD or a LAPTOP with you to the event. We will give you the album right on the spot.